Notebook PEA protects texts using authenticated encryption (EAX mode) for confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity of the text, using the new key derivation function Catena-Dragonfly. Notebook PEA works like a self-decrypting archive (SDA): the plaintext is never stored on disk, instead it is displayed in a simple text editor with some styling functionality, redo/undo and copy, cut, paste commands.
1.226 Mar 2019 11:06
- General settings for text area background, default font color, size and family, settings for color and font size of the PEA
- Remembers last size and location
- Accessibility: accessible description for all items and buttons if there is no tool tip text (english only),
- Drag Drop of files in the password dialog
- Bug fixex
1.107 Aug 2017 12:00
- Java default accessibility support for custom components, accessible descriptions for images and icons (accessibility is still incomplete)
- Managing several encrypted files and folders (tree view...)
- Short cuts for character tables and virtual keyboard
- Accessibility for visually impaired: set font size for session
- start helper file for UNIX: find a appropriate Java version (will work for future versions).
- Small GUI modifications: Different background colors encrypted and plain text, padlock symbol for encrypted status
- Small usability improvements: File chooser starts at last selected folder, error messages if import of RTF/TXT failed, compatibility option for new files.
- Backward compatibility with 1.6 before update 10
1.006 Mar 2017 21:22
- Several text files can now be managed simultaneously, without restarting the program or re-entering the password.
- Small changes in appearance.
- A wait cursor indicates that the program is working.
- fix of small errors
0.226 Jun 2016 09:07
- Improvement of the internal proactive password-strenght checker (small list of most common passwords, consideration of prefixes, suffixes and some leet transformations)
- new GUI: Nimbus Look Feel
- saved paths of the encrypted files can be edited
- button bar for some text formatting
- more formatting options
- minor improvement in usability
- fix of small errors
0.111 May 2016 18:47