view3dscene is a lightweight browser for X3D and VRML 3D models, and a viewer for various other 3D model formats (3DS, MD3, Wavefront OBJ, and Collada, Spine JSON). It supports viewing the scene in the "Examine" mode and walking in the virtual world with features such as collision detection and gravity. Rendering is done using OpenGL. Many advanced 3D graphic effects are available, like mirrors (flat and through cube environment mapping), shadows (shadow maps and shadow volumes), GLSL shaders and more. The program can also convert files from 3DS, MD3, Collada, Spine and other formats to X3D and pretty-print VRML and X3D files.
3.18.027 Jan 2018 06:43
Support https. Support KTX textures (Khronos texture format). Shader pipeline upgrade. Various bugfixes and optimizations coming from new Castle Game Engine version.
3.17.019 Jun 2017 03:52
Support for CommonSurfaceShader, an X3D node that allows to define a material with normalmaps, specular maps, ambient maps and more. STL format support: you can open and display STL files, convert them to X3D, use them as "Inline" in other VRML and X3D files.
3.16.019 Feb 2017 17:39
Various new X3D extensions:
- Shape.shading = "WIREFRAME",
- fields "slices", "stacks", "divisions" to specify geometry triangulation,
- using normal maps from a MovieTexture,
- many shadow maps and shadow volumes improvements.
- Support for a new animation format castle-anim-frames. It allows to export any Blender animation (with armature, shape
keys, physics simulation, particles...). The exported for Blender is included.
- Various "Lights Editor" improvements - light gizmo, easy adjusting of shadow map parameters.
3.15.030 Dec 2014 22:50
Spine 2D animations support. X3D Text node reimplemented. New X3D extensions: NavigationInfo.blendingSort, CubicBezierXxx interpolators, TextureProperties.guiTexture, X3DSequencerNode.forceContinousValue_Changed.