MusE is a MIDI/Audio sequencer with recording and editing capabilities written originally by Werner Schweer now developed and maintained by the MusE development team. MusE aims to be a complete multitrack virtual studio for Linux, it is published under the GNU General Public License.
3.009 Jan 2018 05:21
A selection of sorts, changes since the last stable release 2.2.1 are as follows (sorry it s long):
* Switched to Qt5
* New Plugin Path editor in Global Settings:
* System-wide move to double precision of all audio paths
* LV2 fix for very slow right-click synth 'presets' ex. amsynth
* LV2 support PowerOf2BlockLength
* LV2 support FixedBlockLength
* Mixer makeover with lots of fixes
* Arranger Track Info panel complete makeover
* New: Persistent routes jack audio and midi routes.
* Multi-channel Audio Track routing
* Improved automation editing, no multi-point editing yet though
* Audio automation graphs undo support
* New wave drawing mode in arranger with a tiny outline of the wave file
* Added Native VST FX support (synths were already supported)
* Added support to resize notes and parts to the left with pencil tool
* Added live update of wave parts while recording
* Added Native VST shell plugins support
* Added recording restart function (CTRL+Space and SHIFT+space keeping the
* Auto resample imported wave files to project's sample rate
* Graphical Routing dialog redone and enhanced
* Routing popup menus for midi now allow Jack Midi routing
* Device List added to midi configuration, with 'Delete' button.
* Added multichannel support for SimpleDrums (+routing ability)
* Added lots of instrument definition files
* CPU and Audio DSP usage metering
* Midi transformer support for for randomizing events
* Added sample-rate change according to song file when using RtAudio
* Midi device processing implementation greatly improved
* External midi clock sync reworked
* Large System Exclusive (sysex) message support for ALSA
* Added support for RtAudio audio backend - primarily Pulse is supported
* Synths can now be selected as a midi input route.
* Much improved monitoring functionality
* ALSA support is now optional, can run in pure jack mode.
* Timer improvements, ALSA timer now first choice.