dte is a small and easy to use console text editor. Colors and bindings can be fully customized to your liking.
It has some features useful to programmers, like ctags support and it can parse compiler errors, but it does not aim to become an IDE.
1.621 Dec 2017 00:25
* Added new, default `dark` color scheme.
* Added Ctrl+G key binding to exit command mode.
* Added Ctrl+H key binding for `erase` command.
* Added syntax highlighting for TeX and roff (man page) files.
* Improved syntax highlighting of Python numeric literals.
* Improved syntax highlighting for CSS files.
* Added `ft -b` command for detecting file types from file basenames.
* Converted user documentation to Markdown format.
* Created new website for online documentation.
* Added support for terminfo extended (or "user-defined") capabilities.
* Added built-in support for `st` and `rxvt` terminals.
* Fixed some built-in regex patterns to avoid non-portable features.
* Fixed compiler warnings on NetBSD.
* Removed tilde expansion of ` username` from command mode, in order to avoid using `getpwnam(3)` and thereby allow static linking with GNU libc on Linux.
1.503 Nov 2017 19:25
Added syntax highlighting for Nginx config files.
Added some POSIX and C11 features to the C syntax highlighter.
Added new command-line flags for listing (-B) and dumping
(-b) built-in rc files.
Moved some of the documentation in the dte(1) man page to a
separate dterc(5) page.
a terminal input triggered by redirecting stdin.
some memory and file descriptor leaks.
a few portability.
1.417 Oct 2017 19:05
Changed the build system to compile all default configs and syntax highlighting files into the dte binary instead of installing and loading them from disk. The PKGDATADIR variable is now removed.
Added syntax highlighting for the Vala and D languages.
Added the ability to bind additional, xterm-style key combinations (e.g. bind C-M-S-left...) when TERM is tmux (previously only available for xterm and screen).
Added an option to compile without linking to the ncurses library (make TERMINFO_DISABLE=1), to make it easier to create portable, statically-linked builds.
1.327 Aug 2017 09:05
Added support for binding Ctrl+Alt+Shift+arrows in xterm/screen/tmux.
Added support for binding Ctrl+delete/Shift+delete in xterm/screen/tmux.
Added the ability to override the default user config directory via
the DTE_EDITOR enviornment variable.
Added syntax highlighting for the Markdown, Meson and Ruby languages.
Improved syntax highlighting for the C, awk and HTML languages.
a with the -wq command when using split frames
a segfault in git-open mode when not inside a git repo.
a few cases of undefined behaviour and potential buffer overflow
inherited from dex .
all compiler warnings when building on OpenBSD 6.
and clarified various details in the man pages.
Renamed inc-home and inc-end commands to bolsf and eolsf,
for consistency with other similar commands.
Renamed dte-syntax.7 man page to dte-syntax.5 (users with an
existing installation may want to manually delete dte-syntax.7).
1.230 Jul 2017 10:12
Build system fixes and Unicode 10 support.
1.129 Jul 2017 07:02