File Lock PEA encrypt files or folders, using authenticated encryption (EAX mode) to provide both confidentiality and the integrity and memory-hard key derivation functions to protect custom hardware attacks.
File Lock PEA is platform-independent, needs no installation but requires the Java Runtime Environment.
1.030 Jul 2018 07:15
- Support for zip and unzip: You can now hide meta data and handle several files in one encrypted zip file
- Wipe function: You can securely wipe a file by overwriting the file several times before deleting it
- Better accessibility support (still incomplete)
- Shortcuts for char tables: CTRL + F1/F2...
0.223 Jul 2017 11:56
- New Graphical User Interface (Nimbus Look Feel), hour glass as wait cursor,
- Usability: Position of dialogs and windows, file chooser remembers last folder...
- Better distinction between encrypted files and plain text files: lock symbol, background color, text
- Files are now always correct sorted
- View menu with tree view, full file names, update and cleanup option
- Password check: GUI and improvements of quality check
- Improvements for unix start script (future proof)
- Fix of minor bugs: Backward compatibility to Java 1.6 prior update 10, shutdown hook problems for Free BSD...
0.130 May 2016 09:50