luaprompt is both an interactive Lua prompt that can be used instead of the official interpreter, as well as a module that provides a Lua command prompt that can be embedded in a host application. As a standalone interpreter it provides many conveniences that are missing from the official Lua interpreter. As an embedded prompt, it's meant for applications that use Lua as a configuration or interface language and can therefore benefit from an interactive prompt for debugging or regular use.
0.720 Nov 2015 12:45
a couple of typos.
Added license file.
Set rl_readline_name, to allow luaprompt-specific readline configurat?.
Added globalization of already loaded modules, which are not in the g?.
Added signal handling for keyboard interrupts.
Rewrote the README, to bring important information up front.
Added _GNU_SOURCE macro, which is needed for asprintf.
Added macro to enable completion based on __index tables.
Edited the manpage.
Added a makefile.
Made some last-minute documentation changes and bumped version to 0.7.
0.618 Jun 2015 11:21
- Switched to LuaRocks-based building/distribution.
- Converted luaprompt to a proper Lua module.
- Added saving of results into a table.
- Added support for completion based on __index being a table.
- Fixed filename completions to allow continuing completion into subdirectories.
- Fixed various bugs.