uGet is a powerful cross-platform download manager. It allows to queue and schedule downloads, categorize them, resume interrupted file downloads, implictly start retrieving URLs from the clipboard, batch processing, use various protocols (HTTP, FTP, Torrent). uGet utilizes multiple connection channels/sockets for speedup, has keyboard shortcuts, a quiet and a CLI mode, allows automatic system shutdown after completion, provides a history, Aria2 and Firefox / Chrome plugins, and an Android version.
2.2.220 May 2019 08:45
1. use quicksort to sort downloads.
2. backup torrent and metalink files.
3. curl plug-in: handle duplicate files with double extensions.
2.2.110 Mar 2018 22:05
1. reduce memory usage.
2. mega plug-in: completed size should not be '-1' if file size 2G on a 32-bit system.
3. adjust speed limit independently without enabling global speed limit.
4. : Can't get 1080p video from YouTube.
5. update translation files.
2.2.008 Jan 2018 14:05
1. mega plug-in: create new plug-in for MEGA site.
2. all plug-in: avoid crash if plug-in failed to start.
3. : some category/status doesn't refresh it's download list.
4. update translation files.
2.1.626 Aug 2017 19:05
1. User can use sorting in any category and status.
2. curl plug-in: It can use ftruncate() to create large file.
3. media plug-in: don't use folder in path if folder == NULL.
4. : uGet doesn't File Descriptor when saving config file.
5. add translation files.
2.1.520 Feb 2017 16:25
1. URL Sequence Batch can setup 3 wildcard range.
2. Use character / to replace D:/U: to display speed.
3. avoid configure file corrupted on sudden shutdown.
4. curl plug-in: crashes when download file 4GB.
5. : program will move download to incorrect position if user switch to offline mode.
6. : Segmentation fault after pressing delete key on gtk window.
7. : Wayland hidden tray.
8. update translation files.
2.1.416 May 2016 09:25
1. In speed limit mode, program adjust existing task speed when adding new task.
2. Add new setting "Display large icon".
3. Add configure argument "--enable-unix-socket" to use JSON-RPC over UNIX domain socket.
4. use msys2 + mingw to build uGet for windows.
5. curl plug-in: Don't use CURLAUTH_ANY, it causes authentication failed.
6. : User can't use command-line to assign config directory (ui-gtk-1to2).
7. (2.1.3-2) : Incorrect encoding on some characters (e.g. French characters)
8. (2.1.3-2) : Program stop download queuing in some case.
UGet for Windows upgrade GTK+ from 3.10.4 to 3.16.6.
2.1.311 Apr 2016 06:25
1. : UI freeze if user activate download in sorted list.
2. Add Keywords entry into desktop file (Elías Alejandro Año Mendoza)
3. update translation files.
2.1.120 Mar 2016 21:05
1. curl plug-in: a that downloaded file may be incomplete in some case.
2. curl plug-in: improve downloaded segment handler.
3. curl plug-in: set min split size to 10 MiB.
4. curl plug-in: adjust speed if plug-in add/remove segments in speed limit mode.
5. aria2 plug-in: a memory leak.
6. media plug-in: report error if YouTube video has been removed.
This version that download speed is slow when progress near 100 .
If you usually get error message "Incorrect source", I suggest you use this version.
2.1.021 Feb 2016 03:15
1. Add new media plug-in to get link from media website.
2. if file "uget-portable-mode" exists, data files save in installed folder. (Windows)
3. curl plug-in: avoid showing "99:99:99" in "elapsed" when downloading start.
4. curl plug-in: avoid reporting "Incorrect source" when downloading finished.
5. : Program stop running download when user set "Runnable" to it.
2.0.509 Feb 2016 03:15
1. curl plug-in: Disable SSL verification for host.
2. curl plug-in: Don't check post and cookie file if no HTTP setting data.
3. curl plug-in: Don't assign data if plug-in start failed.
4. avoid crash when program re-enter signal handler. (e.g. SIGINT)
5. adjust width of download properties form by width of category chooser.
6. : Can't stop all task when program into offline mode.
2.0.401 Jan 2016 07:25
1. save and restore width of download column.
2. adjust schedule form for large font size.
3. in speed limit mode, program adjust speed when downloading start-up.
4. use filename from RPC request to match category if URL doesn't contain filename.
5. curl plug-in: use posix_fallocate() to preallocate space for a file on Linux.
6. curl plug-in: use SetEndOfFile() to preallocate space for a file on Windows.
7. : program crash when simultaneously download 32 files.
8. : Can't save height of summary area.
9. Add compressed 256x256 icon for Windows 7.
2.0.312 Nov 2015 07:25
1. curl plug-in: update control file path if download file was renamed.
2. curl plug-in: update downloaded size after loading aria2 control file.
3. curl plug-in: update file size when allocating disk space.
4. Don't show border in right side of setting dialog.
2.0.212 Sep 2015 23:45
1. curl plug-in: memory leak and avoid accessing NULL pointer.
2. curl plug-in: create new file with correct size if file size is not the same.
3. curl plug-in: create new file only in first connection.
4. curl plug-in: change setting's file name if plug-in created new file.
5. Don't resume file with incorrect aria2 control file (no bit field).
6. replace invalid characters /:*?" by _ in filename.
2.0.118 Aug 2015 03:15
01. curl plug-in: create new download file if file size is not the same.
02. curl plug-in: use common user password by default.
03. curl plug-in: response error if post or cookie file not found.
04. curl plug-in: don't create aria2 control file if download file create failed.
05. curl plug-in: if error occurred while allocating disk space, delete created download file.
06. curl plug-in: count downloaded size after splitting download. (avoid progress 100 )
07. avoid crash if user doesn't specify argument value.
08. When creating folder failed, check folder exists before returning error.
09. When uGet get SIGTERM, it will save settings and call sync() for Linux.
10. check and fix settings after loading Setting.json
2.001 May 2015 13:45
Try to ignore some error when parsing JSON file.
clipboard monitor add a new file type 'WEBM'.
Adjust main window default size.
Add and update translation files.
1.99.425 Oct 2014 09:45
curl plug-in: retry all URI (include mirrors) every time.
response error if file size is different.
aria2 plug-in: change lowest speed limit to 128 byte/sec.
Don't change node name If URI scheme is "magnet".
Don't change URI If URI scheme is "magnet".
Don't set uploading status if no downloaded data.
magnet: get and show name from magnet URI.
Adjust layout of Download Form for GTK+ 3.12.
Implement multiple wildcards in Sequential Batch.
Fix discarded filename option from command-line.