adx is a minimalistic but full-featured address book for contact management running completely in web browser.
XML based, small (<200KB), lightweight, portable, contact tagging, geo mapping, web accounts, etc.
vCard download, QR code generator (offline) for (vCard, WiFi, free text), Embedded Microformats (hCard 1.0, XFN).
How it works: XML + XSLT = HTML web app in your web browser.
Can be hosted online or local (disk, USB flash drive, etc). Own your data!
1.1618 Aug 2017 20:04
- Improved CR code creation for slower machines or big text length for QR (Added QR creation scheduler skipping non needed QR creations when keyboard input is quicker then QR creation)
- Added QR footer with info about text and byte length
- Added experimental account support for 'WhatsApp'
1.1406 Jul 2017 21:05
- Visual enhancement: Expand/collapse of contact details now with animation
- Visual enhancement: fixed position of vertical divider
- Fixed issue with QR infobox (CSS change for new fixed table centering changed also QR infobox by accident). changed id from "main" to "contacts"
- Added account support for tumblr.com (incl icon): http:// account .tumblr.com
- and other minor changes and fixes
1.1315 Mar 2017 08:43
- QR Code: speed optimization for creating QR codes (for default error correction level "L")
- QR Code: Added QR Code for WiFi lt;wifi authentication="WPA WEP " password="" hidden="true " type="home work ... " myWiFiName lt;/wifi
-- works for: Android (open: support for windows phone, iphone)
- Alpha New URL parameters for creating QR Codes (e.g. for omnibar integration):
-- Added new url param "qr" (example url: addressbook.xml?qr=MyTextToEncodeIntoQRCode )
-- Added new url param "qrbyid" (example url: addressbook.xml?qrbyid=bartensud )
--- Value of param is the id of the contact. If fhe id is not defined manually in XML via contact's attribute "id", the automatically calculated id is used
- GUI change: New adx logo is shown in browser tab
- GUI enhancement: frequency groups are now visually separated by dashed vertical line (style can be configured with new setting variable "frequencyGroups_separator_borderStyle")
- serveral other minor changes