1.6.202 Jul 2016 19:05
Reduce `json` dependency version to avoid requiring Ruby 2.0.
Pacman: skip automatic dependnecies if --no-auto-depends is given (Leo P).
Rpm: where --rpm-tag was accidentally ignored.
Deb: Omit certain fields from control file if (Breaks, Depends, Recommends.
Etc) if there are no values to put in that field.
Rpm: remove trailing slash from Prefor rpm packages (#819, luto).
Virtualenv: Now supports being given a requirements.txt as the input. (Nick
1.6.027 May 2016 17:05
New source: pleaserun. This lets you create packages that will install a.
System service. An after-install script is used in the package to determine
Which service platform to target (systemd, upstart, etc).
New target: Alpine Linux "apk" packages..
Deb: don't append `.conf` to an upstart file if the file name already ends
Freebsd: where --package flag was ignored..
- Improvements to the fpm rake tasks.
1.5.015 Apr 2016 09:45
Arch package support is now available via -s pacman and -t pacman.
(#916; wonderful community effort making this happen!).
- FreeBSD packages can now be built `-t freebsd`.
You can now set fpm flags and arguments with the FPMOPTS environment.
Variable (#977, mildred)
Using --exclude-file no longer causes a crash. Yay! (#982, wyaeld).
- A new rake task is available for folks who want to invoke fpm from rake.
- On FreeBSD, when tarring, gtar is now used..
Virtualenv: Add --virtualenv-pypi-extra-url flag to specify additional PyPI.
Locations to use when searching for packages
Deb: Init scripts, etc/default, and upstart files are automatically added
as config files in a debian package. Disable this behavior with.
Deb: Small changes to make lintian complain less about our resulting debs.
Deb: New flag --deb-systemd lets you specify a systemd service file to include
in your package. (#952, Jens Peter Schroer).
Cpan: Add -- no- cpan-cpanm-force flag to pass --force to cpanm.
Rpm: File names with both spaces and symbols should now be packageable.
Cpan: Now queries MetaCPAN for package info if we can't find any in the.
Cpan archive we just downloaded. (#849, BaxterStockman)
Rpm: You can now specify custom rpm tags at the command line. Be careful,
as no validation is done on this before sending to rpmbuild. (#687, vStone).
Cpan: Install if the package name given is a local file (#986, mdom).
- sh: Metadata now available as env vars for post-install scripts.
Rpm: No more warning if you don't set an epoch..
1.4.027 Jul 2015 03:45
Solaris 11 IPS packages 'p5p' now supported `-t p5p`. (Jonathan Craig).
- Python Virtualenv is now supported `-t virtualenv` (#930, Simone
Margaritelli and Daniel Haskin).
- deb: Files in /etc are now by default marked as config files. (#877,
- `fpm --help` output now includes a list of supported package types (#896,
- cpan: -- no- cpan-sandbox-non-core flag to make non-core module sandboxing
optional during packaging (#752, Matt Sharpe).
- rpm: Add --rpm-dist flag for specifically setting the target distribution
of an rpm. (Adam Lamar).
- rpm: Fix a crash if --before-upgrade or --after-upgrade were used. (#822,
- deb: Ensure maintainer scripts have shebang lines (#836, Wesley Spikes).
- deb: Fix bug in maintainer scripts where sometimes we would write an empty
shell function. Empty functions aren't valid in shell. (Wesley Spikes).
- Fix symlink copying bug (#863, Pete Fritchman).
- python: Default to https for pypi queries (Timothy Sutton).
- New flag --exclude-file for providing a file containing line-delimited
exclusions (Jamie Lawrence).
- python: new flag --python-disable-dependency to disable specific python
dependencies (Ward Vandewege).
- python: ensure we avoid wheel packages for now until fpm better supports them.
(#885, Matt Callaway).
- deb: Add support for installation states "abort-remove" and "abort-install".
(#887, Daniel Haskin).
- If PATH isn't set, and we need it, tell the user (#886, Ranjib Dey).
- cpan: -- no- cpan-test now works correctly (#853, Matt Schreiber).
- deb-to-rpm: some improved support for config file knowledge passing from
deb to rpm packages (Daniel Haskin).
1.3.316 Dec 2014 08:05
The fpm project now uses Contributor Covenant. You can read more about this on
the website: http://contributor-covenant.org/
npm: Fix bug causing all `-s npm` attempts to fail due to a missing method.
This bug was introduced in 1.3.0.
rpm: fix bug in rpm input causing a crash if the input rpm did not have any triggers
1.3.210 Nov 2014 13:45
DEB: conversion from another deb will automatically use any changelog found in the source deb.