QDirStat is a graphical application to show where your disk space has gone and to help you to clean it up.
This is a Qt-only port of the old Qt3/KDE3-based KDirStat, now based on the latest Qt 5. It does not need any KDE libs or infrastructure. It runs on every X11-based desktop on Linux, BSD and other Unix-like systems.
QDirStat has a number of new features compared to KDirStat. To name a few:
- Multi-selection in both the tree and the treemap.
- Unlimited number of user-defined cleanup actions.
- Properly show errors of cleanup actions (and their output, if desired).
- File categories (MIME types) and their treemap color are now configurable.
- Exclude rules for directories are easily configurable.
- Desktop-agnostic; no longer relies on KDE or any other specific desktop.
For more details, screenshots and ready-made packages, see
1.305 Mar 2017 14:19
This release brings a number of new features as well as some bug fixes:
- File type statistics window
- Locate files per directory by file type
- Display path and size of the current item in the status line while hovering over a treemap tile
- Optional alternate layout of the main window: Tree view and treemap side by side
- Improved logging: More secure and rotating logs
- New document: QDirStat for Headless Servers for server admins
- New document: The GitHub Workflow for developers
For more details, see
1.203 Jan 2017 14:30
Improved Btrfs subvolume handling; see
1.131 Oct 2016 18:59
5 GitHub issues, 2 small features - see
1.016 May 2016 15:47
First official stable release after 12+ weeks of Beta.
0.98-Beta308 Apr 2016 18:07
Fixed selections between treemap and tree view going out of sync after executing cleanup action
0.8613 Feb 2016 14:22