VideLibri lists the books you have lend from a public library and lets you search the library catalog from your local device. It has all the usual features of an library OPAC, i.e. viewing, renewing, searching and ordering books. It also renews all due books automatically and can do other things only a locally running app can do, like keeping a history of all ever lend books across multiple libraries. It is the world's first library app.
So far VideLibri has been tested with 200 libraries successfully, but it was designed to allow every user to adds its own library without requiring any/much programming knowledge. For this purpose three query languages were developed that are supposed to simplify the querying of webpages as much as possible:
- A pattern-matching language that selects arbitrary data from a single HTML page, based on an annotated sample of that page.
- A catalog of related pages to apply these patterns to multiple webpages. Its syntax is similar to XSLT and likewise it is almost Turing complete (i.e. it has the necessary control structures, but requires XPath to do calculations ).
- A dialect of XPath/XQuery/JSONiq that is Turing-complete and thus can calculate arbitrary, unexpected things
VideLibri is platform-independent and currently there are binaries for (Desktop) Windows, Linux and Android. At the moment its GUI is entirely in German as no support for any non-German-speaking library has been requested, but a translation can be made if wished for.
1.93824 Oct 2017 11:04
- activate TLS 1.2 on Android = 4.1 and 5.0
- provided apk binary compiled with freepascal r37480 to be Android 8.0 compatible
1.93514 Oct 2017 09:58
- adapt to changing columns in primo system (university libraries Berlin)
- fix that the Chemnitz fix of the last version showed lend books twice/thrice if no ordered/earmarked books existed
1.93218 Sep 2017 12:59
- fix seriously broken deb binaries.
- adapt to new OPAC of the university and state library Jena as well as library of the college Jena
- adapt to invalid HTML in public library Chemnitz
- fix that window icon was not changed together with app icon
1.9301 Sep 2017 20:56
android: Reimplementation of the due date notifications: Use rainbow icon; use a daily alarm rather than a new one every 24 hours; do not have the app store update cancel the alarms; do not wait for the next alarm to show a new notification.
android: Do not show a message on an SSL-IO-Error/Timeout, but resend last request.
New webpage layout.
Desktop: Show first sync time as lend date, if lend date is not shown in the OPAC.
Public libraries "Universitätsbibliothek Düsseldorf", "Stadtbibliothek Villingen-Schwenningen", "Stadtbücherei Erbach", "Stadtbibliothek Hamm", "Stadtbibliothek Erlangen": Adjust to changes in OPAC
1.9101 Sep 2017 20:50
libero-OPAC/Bibliothek Verl: Use the new "holding"-system for ordering books
android: Continue searching in the catalogue, when the library website shows an error message
Public library "Stadtbibliothek Erlangen": Fix for renaming login link
Public library "Stadt- und Landesbibliothek Dortmund": Pinned to new https-certificate in the binary Android release.
Desktop-Catalogue-Search: Only show necessary scrollbars
1.927 Jun 2017 13:46
Automatically switch to lending history, when a lending search term is entered on android.
Improved selection of multiple options when ordering a book in the desktop version.
Allow sharing and clipboard copying on android.
Add example XQuery expressions and let the user store their own XQuerys on android.
Fix crash when the search fails on Android while VideLibri is not running.
Changes for specific library catalog systems:
OCLC SISIS-SunRise: Ignore spaces when parsing a renewing confirmation.
PAIA: Do not send barcode on renewing API-calls.
PICA: Ignore semicolons when parsing a renewing confirmation.
aDIS/BMS: Accept ordering confirmations when ordering to the "Außenmagazin."
German metacatalog "digibib": Show locations in the seach results.
Universitätsbibliothek Hannover, Technische Hochschulbibliothek Nürnberg: New webpage links
1.88719 May 2017 20:41
Important changes since 1.81:
Complete XQuery support for searching within the own lend books;
standard-compliant cookie handling;
a new regular expression engine (FLRE);
adjustments for library systems (primo, libero, digibib with worldcat, bibliotheca, netbiblio);
various adjustment to specific public libraries
1.8105 Nov 2015 13:25
1.81 is primarily a bug fix release that fixes support for libraries that have moved to another server or changed their https-certificates.