Vortex Library is an implementation of the RFC 3080 and RFC 3081 standard definitions, known as the BEEP Core protocol, implemented on top of the TCP/IP stack. It comes with complete XML-RPC over BEEP RFC 3529 support, complete support for the TUNNEL profile (which allows you to perform proxy operations for every BEEP profile developed), support for HTTP proxies, and more. The API is consistent, easy to use, and allows you to write application protocols very quickly. The API is designed to allow bindings for other languages to be built easily.
1.1.1819 Oct 2016 17:09
- Several PyVortex improvements to increase thread granularity
and reentrant code.
- Improved log reporting on connection lost/broken to include more
information about remote peer, serverName...
1.1.1730 Aug 2016 16:07
- Added official package support for Centos 7, Debian Jessie and
- Several corrections at the TLS digest and mutex API
1.1.1605 May 2016 15:18
- Added Vortex External module to allow easily creating BEEP over
any connection oriented transport by providing a set of handlers
that implements the specific part of the protocol supported. Used
this new transport to support BEEP over BlueTooth (done by Arthur
- Fixed mutex API to provide a consistent behaviour (recursive vs
non-recursive) and added new API to provide this support. Reported
by Ralf Konusch.
- Fixed tls digest segfault (reported by Ralf Konusch).
- Removed wrong nopoll.h header from vortex_external.h (Arthur
- Various stable improvements and new regression tests.
1.1.1524 Oct 2015 19:22
- Added support for centOS (6.X) and added official support for
centos packages (.rpm). See ready to use packages at:
- Added support for Android, providing official support to create
ready to use binaries for all platforms and arch combinations.
- Added support for FreeBSD 9.X
- Added support to keep certificate content available so that
changing process uid/gid does not affect TLS/SSL process.
- Updated WebSocket API to support/control certificate verification
- Several cleanups, API updates and minor new options..
1.1.1408 Aug 2014 15:19
New stable release that includes improvements an corrections and