File Lock PEA encrypt files or folders, using authenticated encryption (EAX mode) to provide both confidentiality and the integrity and memory-hard key derivation functions to protect custom hardware attacks.
Nextcloud, Owncloud and some cloud providers are supported.
File Lock PEA is platform-independent, needs no installation but requires the Java Runtime Environment.
1.403 Oct 2021 09:12
- Parameters of the key derivation function can be adjusted
- Key files can be added as a second security factor to the password
- Different language can be installed subsequently
- Several minor bugfixes and improvements
1.304 Jul 2021 12:05
- Libraries for cloud support were replaced. Runs now with Java 8 until Java 17 and probably further versions
- You can choose algorithms and parameters
- Several minor bugfixes
- GUI / accessibility improvements
- Option to automatically search for updates on start
1.212 Jul 2020 10:24
- Cloud Connection to Nextcloud, Owncloud and some cloud providers
- Password hide and show per button
- Check for program update
- Minor Bugfixes
1.124 Mar 2019 21:07
- Drag Drop of files and folders in password dialog (encrypted) and main frame (plaintext)
- Accessibility support (still incomplete): accessible description for all items and buttons if there is no tool tip text, password dialog is full accessible by keyboard
- You can set background color and font size of the program
- Remembers last location and size
- Bug fixes: several click on OK button when decryption works resulted in unexpected behavior, messages for many files (close unencrypted) could be larger than the screen
- Uses now at least Java 7
1.030 Jul 2018 07:15
- Support for zip and unzip: You can now hide meta data and handle several files in one encrypted zip file
- Wipe function: You can securely wipe a file by overwriting the file several times before deleting it
- Better accessibility support (still incomplete)
- Shortcuts for char tables: CTRL + F1/F2...
0.223 Jul 2017 11:56
- New Graphical User Interface (Nimbus Look Feel), hour glass as wait cursor,
- Usability: Position of dialogs and windows, file chooser remembers last folder...
- Better distinction between encrypted files and plain text files: lock symbol, background color, text
- Files are now always correct sorted
- View menu with tree view, full file names, update and cleanup option
- Password check: GUI and improvements of quality check
- Improvements for unix start script (future proof)
- Fix of minor bugs: Backward compatibility to Java 1.6 prior update 10, shutdown hook problems for Free BSD...
0.130 May 2016 09:50