Gfarm is a network shared filesystem and alternative to NFS, but optimized for reliability, scaling and access from wide area network. It can federate local disks of network-connected PCs and compute nodes in several clusters, and supports explicit replica location control by users. Plugins exist for FUSE, Zabbix, Hadoop, Samba, MPI-IO, GridFTP, S3 MinIO, Nextcloud, Spack and a Linux kernel module is under development.
2.7.2211 Apr 2023 09:07
* gfptar - parallel tar command
* gfpcopy - select from all available hosts if all hosts in write_target_domain are readonly
* config-gfarm - support PostgreSQL 14 or later
* gfsd - more logs to investigate data corruption during network transmission
2.7.2027 Dec 2022 10:15
* support ARM platform
* gfpcopy - select from all available hosts if no host available in write_target_domain
2.6.631 Aug 2015 03:12
-k/-X options and client_parallel_max setting are added to gfpcopy/gfprep. -l option is added to gfcksum, quota check is now automatically. quota check is now automatically done without explicitly using the gfquotacheck command. corrupted replica is automatically moved to lost+found at replication. performance improvement to open metadata journal file.
126.96.36.199 Jul 2015 08:40
188.8.131.52 is a minor release for several bug fixes.
major feature of 2.6 bracnh is automatic replica creation and removal on user-sepcified locaitons.
184.108.40.2066 Oct 2014 20:05
Do not start master mode when another gfmd is running to
avoid unexpected misconfiguration.