LXQt is a lightweight Qt-based desktop environment for X11 derived from LXDE and Razor-qt. It provides a session manager, a file manager (also desktop manager) PCManFM, OpenBox as default window manager, desktop panel, lxImage viewer, qTerminal, obConf, Oxygen icons, and more.
0.14.026 Jan 2019 09:32
Split view is added to pcmanfm-qt. pcmanfm-qt handles desktop and also mounts more efficiently by benefiting from the improvements in libfm-qt. Desktop can have icons like Computer, Network, User-Dir and Trash, the Trash icon being interactive. Render image EXIF data and new upload target (ImgBB) for lximage-qt. Custom terminal margins and history-based tab switching are added to qterminal. Massive translation updates.
0.9.010 Feb 2015 09:45
This release drops all compatibility with Qt 4. It also features heavy
internal cleanups and refactorings. Qt 5.3 is now the minimum required
LXQt 0.9 also brings in our first KDE Frameworks dependencies.
KWindowSystem is a true-and-tested library for handling window events.
It replaces our custom XFitMan library and will greatly help in
becoming fully compatible with Wayland. KGuiAddons also replaces a
hard dependency on Xlib in lxqt-panel.
A huge thanks to the KDE team for making Frameworks available for
projects like ours :-)
- New theme: "Frost". A cold, dark theme courtesy of Inti Alonso.
Screenshots available on lxqt.org!
- A-Mego, Flat and Green have been deleted as they were low quality or
too similar to other themes.
- The old Dark theme has been merged with the Flat Dark theme from LXQt 0.8.
Please note that theme re-configuration will be needed if you are
using one of the old themes.
- The functionality of the old lxqt-power has been restored into an
"lxqt-leave" component. It is now part of lxqt-session.
- Panel background is now configurable
- The main menu plugin can now be navigated using the keyboard
- The Clock plugin has been merged into the World Clock plugin. It has
received several changes and no longer requires ICU. Reconfiguring the
clock may be required upon upgrading depending on your settings.
- The power management component now supports displaying multiple batteries
- KWindowSystem replaces XfitMan in lxqt-panel, lxqt-runner,
lxqt-session, lxqt-notificationd and lxqt-session.
- KGuiAddons replaces a hard dependency on Xlib in lxqt-panel
- A copy of xdg-utils is no longer bundled with LXQt. The minimum
xdg-utils version required is 2012-03-02.
0.8.014 Oct 2014 04:45
This release brings full Qt5 compatibility to LXQt.
New component: lxqt-admin. This brings an optional set of basic admin tools
such as configuration for date time as well as users and groups.
New theme: Plasma Next. Based on KDE Plasma Next theme.
New theme: Dark Alpha, by Inti Alonso.
Much improved support for multiple displays.
Support for RGBA transparency if compositing is available.
lxqt-config-randr has been removed. It has been replaced by
pcmanfm-qt: Support single-click to activate items
pcmanfm-qt: Support drag drop on the desktop
pcmanfm-qt: Implement integration with the ark archive manager
pcmanfm-qt: Improve readability in icon view
lxqt-panel: Support reordering of taskbar buttons
lxqt-panel: Support "urgency" hint
lxqt-panel: Add support for OSS in volume control, if available
lxqt-powermanagement: Improved compatibility with systemd/logind
Integrate with compton if available (disabled by default)
Add support for setting a default UI font
Lots of performances improvements.
Lots and lots of bugfixes.