Mixxx is an audio mixing / turntable software for DJs. It provides a dual-deck interface, easy drag and drop. It's GUI has various wave transformation controls, beat and cue points, and full waveform previews, vinyl emulation, sample stretching, single click looping, quad sampler decks, MIDI controls. It also helps organazing playlists, with BPM detection, an auto DJ feature, recording, replaygain normalization, and even ICY broadcasting.
2.1.502 Nov 2018 18:51
* Graphical interface scales for high resolution screens
* Overhauled Deere and LateNight skins
* New Tango skin
* Resizable waveforms
* Effects are synchronized to the tempo
* Effects are processed post-fader and post-crossfader and can be previewed in headphones
* One metaknob per effect with customizable parameter control for intuitive use of effect chains
* Nine new effects: Autopan, Biquad Equalizer, Biquad Full Kill Equalizer, Loudness Contour, Metronome, Parametric Equalizer, Phaser, Stereo Balance, Tremolo
* Loaded effects and their parameters are saved and restored when Mixxx restarts
* More transparent sounding equalizers (Biquad Equalizer and Biquad Full Kill Equalizer)
* Improved scratching sounds with jog wheels, vinyl control, and dragging waveforms with the mouse
* Simplified looping and beatjump controls
* Configurable rows of 8 samplers with up to 8 rows available for a total of 64 samplers
* Files loaded to samplers are reloaded when Mixxx restarts
* Improved volume normalization algorithm (EBU-R 128)
* Filter library table by crates
* Sort musical keys in library table by circle of fifths
* Write metadata tags back to audio files
* Configure multiple Internet broadcasting stations and use multiple stations at the same time
* Broadcast and record microphones with direct monitoring and latency compensation
* Broadcast and record from an external mixer
* Booth output with independent gain knob for using sound cards with 6 output channels without an external mixer
* Prevent screensaver from starting while Mixxx is running
* CUP (Cue And Play) cue button mode
* Time remaining and time elapsed now take into account the tempo fader
* Clicking cover art now shows it full size in a separate window
* and of course, lots and lots of bug fixes.
1.12.0-beta129 Apr 2015 18:30
Some of the new features include:
4 Decks with Master Sync.
New Effects Framework with 4 Effect Units and 5 Built-in Effects:
Configurable, Resizeable User Interface with 3 Brand New Skins.
Cover Art Display.
Music Key Detection and Shifting.
Vinyl Audio Pass-Through.
4 Microphone inputs and 4 Auxiliary inputs.
MIDI Mapping GUI and Improved Learning Wizard.
RGB Musical Waveforms.
Hundreds of Bug Fixes and Improvements.
New Pitch-Independent Algorithm for Better-Sounding Key-lock.