Mixxx is an audio mixing / turntable software for DJs. It provides a dual-deck interface, easy drag and drop. It's GUI has various wave transformation controls, beat and cue points, and full waveform previews, vinyl emulation, sample stretching, single click looping, quad sampler decks, MIDI controls. It also helps organazing playlists, with BPM detection, an auto DJ feature, recording, replaygain normalization, and even ICY broadcasting.
2.1.701 Feb 2019 03:15
Syncing to doublespeed lp:1808697.
When changing beats of a synced track lp:1808698.
Direction of pitch bend buttons when inverting rate slider lp:1770745.
Use first loaded deck if no playing deck is found lp:1784185.
Encode file names correctly on macOS lp:1776949.
2.1.631 Dec 2018 06:25
Crash when loading a Qt5 Soundsource / Vamp Plug-In. lp:1774639 Validate effect parameter range. lp:1795234.
Crash using the bpm_tap button without a track loaded. lp:1801844.
Possible crash after ejecting a track. lp:1801874.
Wrong bitrate reported for faulty mp3 files. lp:1782912.
Echo effect syncing lp:1793232.
ITunes context menu lp:1799932.
Loading the wrong track after delete search and scroll. lp:1803148.
Improve search bar timing. lp:1635087.
Quoted search sentence. lp:1784141.
Loading a track formerly not existing. lp:1800395.
Imporing m3u files with blank lines. lp:1806271.
Position in sampler overview waveforms. lp:1744170.
Don't reset rate slider, syncing a track without a beatgrid. lp:1783020.
Clean up iTunes track context menu. lp:1800335.
Collapsed sampler are not analyzed on startup. lp:1801126.
Search for decoration characters like " ". lp:#1802730.
Cue button blinking after pressing eject on an empty deck. lp:1808222.
2.2.025 Dec 2018 16:45
Code signing for Windows builds. lp:1517823.
Crash on exit when preferences is open. lp:1793185.
Crash when analyzing corrupt MP3s. lp:1793387.
Crash when importing metadata from MusicBrainz. lp:1794993.
Library search when single quotes are used. lp:1784090 lp:1789728.
Scrolling waveform on Windows with WDM-KS sound API. lp:1729345.
Right clicking on beatgrid alignment button in Tango and LateNight skins. lp:1798237.
Improve speed of importing iTunes library. lp:1785545.
Add 2 deck mapping for DJTechTools MIDI Fighter Twister.
2.1.502 Nov 2018 18:51
* Graphical interface scales for high resolution screens
* Overhauled Deere and LateNight skins
* New Tango skin
* Resizable waveforms
* Effects are synchronized to the tempo
* Effects are processed post-fader and post-crossfader and can be previewed in headphones
* One metaknob per effect with customizable parameter control for intuitive use of effect chains
* Nine new effects: Autopan, Biquad Equalizer, Biquad Full Kill Equalizer, Loudness Contour, Metronome, Parametric Equalizer, Phaser, Stereo Balance, Tremolo
* Loaded effects and their parameters are saved and restored when Mixxx restarts
* More transparent sounding equalizers (Biquad Equalizer and Biquad Full Kill Equalizer)
* Improved scratching sounds with jog wheels, vinyl control, and dragging waveforms with the mouse
* Simplified looping and beatjump controls
* Configurable rows of 8 samplers with up to 8 rows available for a total of 64 samplers
* Files loaded to samplers are reloaded when Mixxx restarts
* Improved volume normalization algorithm (EBU-R 128)
* Filter library table by crates
* Sort musical keys in library table by circle of fifths
* Write metadata tags back to audio files
* Configure multiple Internet broadcasting stations and use multiple stations at the same time
* Broadcast and record microphones with direct monitoring and latency compensation
* Broadcast and record from an external mixer
* Booth output with independent gain knob for using sound cards with 6 output channels without an external mixer
* Prevent screensaver from starting while Mixxx is running
* CUP (Cue And Play) cue button mode
* Time remaining and time elapsed now take into account the tempo fader
* Clicking cover art now shows it full size in a separate window
* and of course, lots and lots of bug fixes.
1.12.0-beta129 Apr 2015 18:30
Some of the new features include:
4 Decks with Master Sync.
New Effects Framework with 4 Effect Units and 5 Built-in Effects:
Configurable, Resizeable User Interface with 3 Brand New Skins.
Cover Art Display.
Music Key Detection and Shifting.
Vinyl Audio Pass-Through.
4 Microphone inputs and 4 Auxiliary inputs.
MIDI Mapping GUI and Improved Learning Wizard.
RGB Musical Waveforms.
Hundreds of Bug Fixes and Improvements.
New Pitch-Independent Algorithm for Better-Sounding Key-lock.