2021-04-2223 Apr 2021 22:44
* ubos-admin status has learned a number of new tricks. It can now report on IP addresses, incompletely performed upgrades, and more. It also distinguishes between soft and hard scenarios for disks getting full.
* ubos-admin createsite is more tolerant and explains better when certain incompatible input is provided, such as adding the wrong Accessory to an App, or attempting to run an App at a Wildcard hostname.
* If the UBOS Staff is written during boot of a Device while no network is available, the generated HTML now displays the warning message much more prominently. This was done in direct response to user feedback as previously it could easily be overlooked.
* Application upgrades for Mastodon, Matomo, Mattermost, Nextcloud, Webtrees and Wordpress.
2020-09-2628 Sep 2020 23:11
* UBOS can now run on ODROID home cloud devices such as ODROID-XU4 and ODROID-HC2.
* On a Raspberry Pi 4, UBOS can now boot directly from an external USB disk.
* The UBOS installer has become smarter, and more flexible.
* Hundreds of package updates.
2020-08-1617 Aug 2020 17:01
A new UBOS update is available on all release channels and all platforms. Here are some of the highlights:
* The Raspberry Pi 4 is now supported.
* UBOS has become even smarter about dependency management: if an Accessory requires another, you don t need to specify the second one any more when creating or updating a Site. This is a great time saver when running Apps such as Wordpress or Nextcloud where Accessories often depend on others.
* Improvement to the HTML generated for the UBOS Staff.
* More customization options are available for Nextcloud
* Speed improvements, bug fixes and lots of little things that make day-to-day work with UBOS even simpler. Like ubos-admin listsites --with .
As usual, the details are in the release notes.
2020-08-0404 Aug 2020 14:54
This update contains new versions of Nextcloud, Matomo, Mediawiki, and WordPress. Webtrees, the web-based genealogy app, is now available on the green channel.
Nextcloud has gained a few more apps, including Collabora Online, and Forms, so you can self-host your surveys and questionnaires.
2019-11-1212 Nov 2019 22:42
New application updates: Nextcloud, Mediawiki, Wordpress and others.
beta1523 Aug 2018 09:19
Boot your Raspberry Pi from USB, not just an SDCard
The UBOS Staff has learned a very convenient new trick
UBOS now drives the LEDs on Intel NUCs and the Desktop Pi enclosure for the Raspberry Pi
Access your device from the public internet through Pagekite integration
beta1429 Apr 2018 20:53
Highlights: * It s now easy to use a separate big data disk (like an external USB disk on a Raspberry Pi, or an extra big volume on Amazon EC2). * Perform backup and system upgrade in a single step. * Create sites from templates files * A new command for concisely displaying the networking configuration. * Installation scriptlets in any language; there is no more need to write Perl wrappers plus the usual hundreds of package upgrades, feature improvements and bug fixes.
beta1307 Mar 2018 20:55
WiFi configuration has become really simple: save a file with your WiFi network name and credentials to your UBOS Staff USB device, and next time you boot your Raspberry Pi or PC, UBOS will automatically and securely connect it to your WiFi network. More apps: Mastodon, phpBB, River5. Also, UBOS can now easily run Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero daemons. Support for UEFI boot. And more .,..
beta1206 Nov 2017 18:18
This release has been focused on: improving the way how UBOS is built and tested; making it possible to release app upgrades and OS upgrades independently of each other; making it easier for developers to package their applications for UBOS. There are now application examples for apps built using PHP, Python, Java, Ruby on Rails, MySQL and Postgresql.
beta1114 Jun 2017 02:45
UBOS Beta 11 is here, and we are proud to add the Marvell EspressoBIN to the list of supported devices.
Launched on Kickstarter earlier this year, the EspressoBIN is an interesting board: it doesn t have any graphics (which is fine with us because most UBOS devices are used as headless servers) but instead it has three Ethernet ports and a SATA connector. The currently available 1GB version costs only 49 on Amazon. So it s perfect for running UBOS.
We have also verified that the Raspberry Pi Zero W (the 10 version that has WiFi) also works out of the box with UBOS.
beta910 Nov 2016 18:14
One-command installation of Nextcloud 10. One-command upgrade from ownCloud to Nextcloud, and from Nextcloud 9 to Nextcloud 10. Added some Wordpress themes and plugins.
Automatic file system snapshots protect against failing upgrades. Not that those should ever happen, but let s be safe instead of sorry.
The development of UBOS-based appliances has become simpler and more secure.
Various bug fixes and improvements.
All images for all platforms has been updated (PC, Raspberry Pi Zero/1/2/3, BeagleBone Black, Docker, Cloud, Container)
beta817 Aug 2016 18:00
When creating a new site with ubos-admin createsite, you can now easily install several apps at the same site. For example, you could run your Wordpress blog at example.com/blog and your Nextcloud family file sharing at example.com/files. The command has been restructured to allow you to enter multiple apps.
You can now restore old backups to new apps. For example, if you d like to migrate your ownCloud installation to Nextcloud, all you need to do is to create a backup of your ownCloud site with ubos-admin backup and then tell ubos-admin restore that you d like to migrate. It s really easy.
UBOS now has the beginnings of internet protocol 6 (IPv6) support.
Various bug fixes and improvements.
beta708 Jul 2016 16:19
Native Amazon EC2 image
Raspberry Pi 3 support (in addition to Zero, 1 and 2)
Off-site backups to Amazon S3, which may be encrypted, in a single command
New applications Nextcloud and Mattermost
Letsencrypt integration, for a single-command deployment of a web app at a virtual host with automatically provisioned SSL certificate
E-mail from behind the firewall support via Amazon SES
And lots more
beta614 Dec 2015 21:16
UBOS now runs on the Raspberry Pi Zero, in addition to the original one and version 2.
UBOS now also runs on Docker.
The new network configuration public-gateway lets you set up your UBOS device as a router for your home network, and access your apps on your public IP address, with a single command.
And of course the usual: some packages have been upgraded, bugs have been fixed etc.
beta508 Dec 2015 22:53
New images to run UBOS in Linux containers on x86_64 and ARM.
Single-command network configuration including home routers.
Many application upgrades.
Improved developer tools. Better build process.
beta313 Mar 2015 16:58
* ARM v7 support: Raspberry Pi 2, and Beagle Bone Black
* Introducing the UBOS Staff for easy ssh setup without keyboard or monitor
* Bug fixes and other improvements
beta210 Feb 2015 18:47
* new installer
* easy setup of SSL/TLS websites
* many bug fixes
beta 118 Dec 2014 01:50
First public beta on x86_64 and Raspberry Pi.