Mavscript allows the user to do calculations in a text document. Plain text and OpenOffice Writer files (odt) are supported. The calculation is done by the algebra system Yacas (default), Jasymca or by the Java interpreter BeanShell.
2.0.207 Nov 2016 06:25
This release updates the algebra system Yacas. It brings complete support for scientific notation.
- Yacas 1.6.0 (master branch git cafc5a3)
refer to http://www.yacas.org/release_1_6_0/ for details.
2.0.110 Aug 2016 22:25
This release updates the algebra system Yacas.
- Yacas 1.5.0+ (develop branch git 22f4188) -- accept scientific notation "2.0e-3"
2.0.020 Apr 2016 23:22
This stable release provides the recent version 1.4 of the algebra system Yacas.
0.1.904 Sep 2015 03:15
This release enables drawing functionality inside mavscript templates. Drawj2d (drawj2d.sourceforge.net) is required.
- mavscript-yacas (init.ys) provides functions for Drawj2d: SetVar(), Att(), Drawj2d()
- example template with Drawj2d drawing
- example template using Markdown markup
- Yacas 1.3.6+ (svn r3323 / git ac9da7d) -- native unicode support
- mavscript-yacas transfers unicode chars to yacas, without parameter --ascii (Linux + Mac).
- chars ² und ³ will not be converted to 2 und 3
0.1.830 Sep 2014 22:24
This release improves support for OpenDocumentText files (.odt) and adds experimental support for MS-Word files (.docx). The math backend Yacas now draws simple plots.
0.1.716 Sep 2014 00:56
This release improves LaTeX support. Support for Jasymca has been added. Jasymca is an algebra system with an Octave-like scripting language. The standard engine remains the computer algebra system Yacas, which has been updated.